Notice of Annual General Meeting
Sport Climbing Australia will be holding our Annual General Meeting on Saturday 18 October 2014 at the Australian Climbing Festival in Katoomba NSW.
The meeting will be held at 6pm.
A new SCA Board will be elected at the meeting for 2015.
All SCA financial members are welcome to attend.
Would you like to be on the SCA Board for 2014? Download a SCA Board nomination form
Can't make it but still want to have you say? Download a Proxy Voting form
SCA Needs Coaches
Would you like to help our highest performing climbers to achieve their best in international competition?
Sport Climbing Australia is looking for a head coach and assistant coach to work with our national youth and open teams.
Questions and submissions can be addressed to: email@example.com
Oceania and National Boulder Championships
at the Australian Climbing Festival 2014
Preregistration is open now!
The 2014 Oceania and Australian National Boulder Championships will be held as part of the Australian Climbing Festival. The ACF and the competition will run from 17-19 October at the Katoomba Convention Centre in the Blue Mountains NSW.
As we have limited time and wall space available, the number of competitors will be strictly limited. The following qualification criteria have been set:
- Places offered to 2014 Australian Boulder World Cup representatives
- Places offered to current Australian, New Zealand and New Caledonian Champions in their category
- Places offered to those that were denied the chance to qualify at their SCA State Championship due to being a key part of their state’s Boulder championship; ie competition organiser or key routesetter.
- Places offered according to ranking in SCA Australian State Championships and New Zealand and New Caledonian National Championships down to 5th place.
- Remaining places offered via application according to date submitted.
Climbers wishing to compete need to first register their interest, up until the 21st of September.
After this date, places will be offered according to the above criteria.
The organisers reserve the right to include international competitors outside these criteria.
· Open (born 1998 or before)
· Masters (born 1974 or before)
· Junior (born 1995/1996)
· Youth A (born 1997/1998)
· Youth B (born 1999/2000)
· Youth C (born 2001/2002)
· Youth D (born 2003 or after)
Day 1 – Friday 17 October
Categories: Open, Junior and Youth A – Qualification Rounds
Format: World Cup qualification format
All climbers participate in 1 round of 5 problems, 4 minutes per problem
Numbers: Limited to 100 climbers of both genders over all 3 categories
Day 2 – Saturday 18 October
Categories: Youth B, Youth C, Youth D and Masters
Numbers: Limit of 25 climbers per group
Time: 07:30- 17:00
Climbers divided into 3 groups, 2 hours climbing time per group
Day 3 – Sunday 19 October
Categories: Open, Junior and Youth A – Semi-Finals
Format: World Cup Semi-Final format
Time: 07:00 – 10:30
Categories: Open, Junior and Youth A – Finals
Format: World Cup Final format
Time: 12:00 – 17:30
When planning your trip please consider that:
· This timetable and all times are approximate and subject to change.
· All climbers who place in the top 3 in their category in Oceania or Australia Nationals must be at the award ceremony or they will forfeit their place.
Completed: 10 May at Rockit Climbing
2/3 August at Urban Climb
6 September at Canberra Indoor Climbing North
14 September at SICG Villawood
4/5 October at Bayside Rock
See our Competions page for more details!
Kailas Announced as Official Clothing Sponsor of the Australian Climbing Team
Check out this news article from China. (Use a browser that tranlates if you don't read Chinese)
World Youth Championships Update
Following the devastating fire which destroyed the climbing wall in Noumea, New Caledonia, the IFSC and FFME have announced new dates for the World Youth Championships.
They will now be held 20-24 September 2014.
sponsoring the 2014 Australian Youth Climbing Team!
Flight Centre Active Travel have been announced as major sponsors of the Australian Youth Climbing Team who will be travelling to Noumea in September for the biggest annual climbing event on the planet, the IFSC World Youth Championships.
Flight Centre Active Travel brings you the biggest and best global adventure travel and fitness events. Check out their website here.